Sunday, 7 March 2021

Interesting point, is anyone actually visiting this site in 2021?

I am quite interested in seeing if this site is actually being visited by real people or it's just the bots having fun and confusing the google analytics and blogger algorithms, funny actually, but back to the point.

I would like to know, as supposedly the articles about ATTiny EEPROM usage get's quite a few visits each month and if it has been useful to some, it would be cool to know.

So if you happen to be reading this, and have found it useful, please leave a comment. 

Have a great day


Sunday, 2 June 2019

A simple Laravel Flash message helper

I needed a simple way to ensure a one off flash message would show to a user on some of my larval apps, so I used the following idea

I recall seeing this implemented in a few places, so nothing new, it is just using some self explanatory styling and the library for css.

I did make a tailwindcss version which I will update and add later :)


ATTiny EEPROM usage

Tutorial: Using EEPROM on the ATTiny Series of microcontrollers

ATTiny EEPROM Tutroial


This is the first tutorial by Barium Electronics that will be dealing with using the internal EEPROM of an ATTiny using the Arduino IDE and also using the AVR EEPROM library.

The Arduino EEPROM library is compatible with the ATTiny range of AVR microcontrollers as the library itself is built on the standard Atmel AVR avr/eeprom.h 'library' so it is compatible with all the AVR microcontrollers.

This was originally written back in 2016 (wow...) so some things may not match what people have floating around now :)

Things needed:

  • ATTiny of your choice, I prefer the t85
  • ISP programmer/ArduinoISP (Pocket ISP, USBasp)
  • Breadboard
  • Cup of coffee

Thursday, 13 October 2016

Arduino EMI shield

So a while ago I answered a question on Arduino.SE with regards to a person wanting to shield there Arduino from EMI( Electromagnetic Interference) that was coming from some AC they were feeding into a shield on the Arduino, and thus they asked if it would be plausible to use a shield in between the Arduino and the other device to stop interference. Thus I brought out some points to help that person.

Some things I answered in it:

  • Using DC Ground
  • Using AC Earth/Ground
  • Isolating circuitry 
  • Extra, PCB layout

Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Sound sensor with Arduino, freeform

I was in need of a sound sensor board because I wanted to test some code that someone was experiencing issues with, so I scrounged around for some scrap parts and decided to make a free form circuit of the common sound sensor circuit, I used this as a base:
I made some modifications for the look of it, such as the ceramic caps and not the electrolytic ones.

The modification I made to the circuit was the addition of a comparator using the free half of the LM358. That is what the green trim pot is for at the top of the circuit.

I used enamel coated wire from a stripped transformer. The other parts were from various PCBs I have collected... Hackaday calls it Fracking.

 That seems to be about all the photos I took. But the idea is simple in that you take the wire and bend it around a cylindrical shape of your choice and arrange the curves to the way in which it best fits. 

I ran two lines straight down the centre to get Positive and Ground along the sides where the OP-AMP power pins are. Also I ran the output from the final stage down the side too. Any other connections were made however they best fitted into the arrangement.