Wednesday 30 September 2015

General post on weather station

I have been busy with work and working on and off with the weather station. I have been working a bit on the FARS lately and have gone with plant pot basses with a 120mm diameter and made a 50mm hole in the centre for sensors and a 50mm PC fan I found/had lying around. I used 160mm 5mm thread bar by three, I used straws to hold each base at 10mm apart; each base is 20mm, 10mm is half way where the centre rim is, so it gives a nice overlap.





I have also painted the whole thing white hamerite. It looks the part, and hopefully after I have a solar panel for it I can test the setup.

Next I have been fiddling with the sensor circuit for the wind vane, I had a bit of an issue where I ordered IR LEDs and phototransistors $3mm$ OD, the opto sensors where clear, but I ended up with clear IR LEDs, so I had to re-order. To the circuit... I used an LM324 quad op-amp, 100k pull-down resistors on the phototransistors emitters, and $1/2V$ to the non-inverting input.

An idea I had for the circuit to basically be a three wire system was to have the amps, a CD4017 and AND gates, tiny4/85 and then pulse the CD4017 and it would 'scroll' through the AND gates and relay that signal to the tiny if it was true from the op-amps. Sort of like parallel in serial out.


The diodes protect the AND gate outputs. The schematic is not complete and should not be used. The first part is what I started working on so far, LEDs are for output.

Next I have done some turning on the lathe with some brass, stuff is so fun to turn I 'sort of' under cut the part by $0.2mm$. It is a shaft holder for the anemometer, it allows the movement to be translated to the inside of the body of the thing so that I can use a reed switch and magnet as the sensor, it was also meant to provide a tighter fit to the bearing. I then attached it the same way as the original one.


No comments:

Post a Comment